I started playing softball when I was in second grade, after the two long years of t-ball, and let me tell you when I first started it was not exactly my second sense. It took me a couple years before I actually got good at softball. The only way that I learned was through my dad. I am the oldest out of my family , so I did not have any big bothers or sisters to watch play this sport. I had to learn on my own. If you have ever had to learn on your own you know that it is not the easiest thing to do. It takes time, dedication, and the number one key patience. For the people that know me, I do not exactly have patience. That's probably why it took me so long to learn and not beat myself up when I messed up. That was the first lesson that softball taught me was to be patient. It was probably a good thing that I learned this lesson with softball, otherwise I would not be playing today.
For those of you who play softball or even baseball know that not having this important skill you probably will not get through the game. I am going to start talking about what lessons softball has taught me and in what ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment