That year in majors I did not know what my team was going to be or if we were going to even have enough to make a team. Those were the two things that worried me the most. If we did not have a team what was I going to do with myself for the whole time frame of softball. Thank the heavens that we had a enough to have a softball team. I was so excited. I was the oldest the one who got to show the younger ones what to do and how to act. This year we had a new coach and I was super excited because it was my role model in softball, Jordan. Jordan was an amazing softball player who got to experience winning state titles and regional titles in softball, and to put the icing on the cake got to go to college to play softball. I was excited I could hardly wait to practice and play for her. Little did I know that Jordan was going to teach me a lesson that would advance me for the rest of my life. We had only a few days of practice before our first game. I really wanted to play short stop because that is usually where the all the balls are hit and you do the most. The first game I did not get to play short stop but I did get to play first and I was okay with that. The game started off slow with not a lot of action, but when things began to start going that did not stop. I was not living up to my expectations. I was not being loud and conducting my team on what to do. When all of the sudden my coach yelled " Savanna this is your team lead them." Once I heard that I stepped up and did my role as the oldest be a leader.
That day softball taught me being a leader means stepping out of your comfort zone and being who you want to be. Out of the lessons softball has taught me this the lesson that took me the longest to learn. Once I learned it though, it helped me become the person that I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment