When you love something usally you do not have any fear towards what you love, or at least that is what I thought. When I had my softball accident this summer I never thought that I would be so scared to play the sport that I love, but that fear was the hardest thing to get over. Every time I ran the bases I always thought what if a ball comes out of no where and breaks my jaw again, or what if when I am bunting the ball it comes back into my helment and breaks my jaw. Even though there was a one and a million chances of having it happen again, I still thought that it would happen. It took me over two months before I felt confident in myself that I was not going to get hit with the ball again . Once I got over the fear of by getting hit by that ball, I knew that this experince would make me a better softball player over all. Even if I went through the fear of breaking my jaw again.
Monday, January 7, 2013
Fear Never Crossed My Mind
When you love something usally you do not have any fear towards what you love, or at least that is what I thought. When I had my softball accident this summer I never thought that I would be so scared to play the sport that I love, but that fear was the hardest thing to get over. Every time I ran the bases I always thought what if a ball comes out of no where and breaks my jaw again, or what if when I am bunting the ball it comes back into my helment and breaks my jaw. Even though there was a one and a million chances of having it happen again, I still thought that it would happen. It took me over two months before I felt confident in myself that I was not going to get hit with the ball again . Once I got over the fear of by getting hit by that ball, I knew that this experince would make me a better softball player over all. Even if I went through the fear of breaking my jaw again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment