Accidents Happen
Every once in a while when playing sports you have to have some type of injury, or that's what it seems like to me, though. Well that's what happen to me while playing the sport I love. Now this can happen in any sport, but it had to be the sport I love.The morning was a great morning because I got to play softball the whole day. It was June 31, 2012, and it was a Saturday. I was super nervous because this was my first time playing high school softball. I arrived at the place of the tournament. As we went through the day we had played three games and won one and lost one. It was our last game of the day and we were playing the number one team. I was going in to hit for our right fielder. I was up to bat and I hadn't hit the whole day except or a few dinkers. The pitcher I was hitting off of was very familiar to me. I saw the pitch I liked and I went for it. Smack, out it went to the right fielder. I got on first and didn't get the go to go to second base. So I rounded back to first base. As, I was sitting there talking to my coach something came underneath my helmet and hit me. I feel instantly to the ground. I knew that something had hit me but I just didn't know what. As I started to get up something didn't feel right. Immediately I knew that something was wrong. Turns out that I had broken my jaw in to places, one in the front and the back.
That day I wasn't expecting to have to go to the hospital for a broken jaw, I was expecting to get to play some softball. The funny thing though was that I wasn't so much worried about if my jaw was broken I was much more worried if our team had won the game. Though this experience has left me with two titanium plates and seven screws, it has become a big part why I still play softball, even after something this bad could happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment